The Marlboro Church holds its vacation bible school (VBS) once each year for community kids from ages 4 through entering 7th grade. We have decided to host it this year, but with a few changes for added safety due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Details about the program and safety precautions can be found below.
July 27 – 31
Session 1 (8:00am – 10:00am)
Session 2 (10:30am – 12:30pm)
We are offering two identical, 2-hour sessions this year. Each session will have an opening and closing time with music, videos, bible verse time and missions. In between opening and closing time there will be bible story time, crafts, recreation and snack time.
Each session will be limited to 40 participants, ages 4 through entering grade 7. With limited spaces, online registration is a must this year! We will not be accepting any walk ins.
is now closed.
Safety measures we plan to use during VBS:
- We ask that any children who have had a fever, cough, or chills or had close contact with anyone know to have tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of VBS not attend this year.
- Kids will be given their own bandura style mask in their own plastic bag when they arrive. This will be collected each day to ensure they have one available every day for use at VBS. Parents may elect to have kids wear a mask of their own choosing of course, but we strongly encourage mask use by the kids! All VBS staff will be wearing masks.
- Parents will not be permitted to come into the building to limit the number of people in the building.
- Drop offs/pick ups will be outside, with staff members on hand to supervise and guide adults/children to appropriate locations (depending on weather this may be an activity outdoors or the sanctuary); specific procedures are outlined below
- Class areas/bathrooms will be wiped down with sanitizer at regular intervals throughout the day by staff and between the two sessions.
- Snacks/beverages will be individually packaged and handled by a food safety trained person.
- Missions will be a drop off box to minimize contact.
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing will be readily available and strongly encouraged.
- We ask that no outside toys be brought into the building.
Drop Off/Pick Up procedures:
Our route 49 driveway will be blocked off to traffic. Traffic will be one way through the church yard with the driveway on Marlboro Rd. furthest from Route 49 as the entrance, the driveway closest to route 49 on Marlboro Rd as the exit.
At the beginning of each day, kids can be dropped off at the sanctuary door (closest to rt.49). We will check them in and get them masked up outside (or in the vestibule in case of rain).
At the end of the session, families with last names A – G will be picked up at the Sanctuary doors (closest to rt.49), families with last names H – N will be picked up at the Fellowship Hall doors (middle of building), and families last name O – Z will be picked up at the Classroom end of the building (furthest from rt. 49). Staff will be available at each point to assist and each area will be marked. This may create a line, but we ask for your patience as we get kids and parents signed in and out. We will not let kids run through the parking lot! We will bring kids to you at the doors or to your car.